Thursday 20 February 2014

D'Gust

So it’s been a while since I have blogged! I guess life has got in the way a bit recently but I am now determined to get back on it and have a lot more posts in 2014!

One that I have been meaning to write for a while is about a restaurant in Spain that we go to. In fact Ben insists that we go – every time! My Parents love it, my Bestie loves it, and everyone loves it! The service is impeccable, the people are lovely and the food is amazing. Ill do this review on the “Menu Del Dia” which, translated, is the day menu and a set menu provided every day. It’s a cheaper way of eating there as works out about fifty euros including wine! So here goes…

The Amuse Bouche

Today’s was a tiny chicken leg in a very fragrant BBQ Sauce with fresh Rosemary


 Tasted divine – would definitely order this as a course!

The offered a choice of starters, I went for the salad
Ben went for the calamari served with a special paste – he said it was really good, crisp, light and the paste complimented it greatly

Then the palate cleanser – Sorbet, very refreshing – Mint flavour which I had not tried before


For main I opted for the Duck – this was stunning crisp on the outside and rich and meaty inside! Perfection! Served with lovely seasoned Potatoes and fresh veg.

Ben opted for the Lamb which he said was beautiful, it certainly looked it!



Finally dessert – although we were stuffed we managed a little bite of Crème Catalan or Crème Brulee – perfect ending to an amazing meal.



Miguel (the owner) then sent us over a glass of “43” – Sublime! If you are ever in the vicinity you have to pop in, such a lovely restaurant! Blog to follow on the A La Carte Menu! KX

No comments:

Post a Comment